Sunday, October 31, 2021

GROUND ZERO by April Canavan

Release Date: October 31


Ground Zero: The center or origin of rapid, intense, or violent activity

I carried her lifeless body out of a burning building.
One that collapsed on top of us, forcing us to fight for survival.
Where she gave her life so that I could live.
That nightmare wasn’t the happy ending I thought I’d find in the flames.
Turns out, it wasn’t our ending at all.
It was the beginning of our story.
The one where I fell in love without knowing what was happening.
Or the destruction she would thrust into my path.

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
My review:

Ground Zero is the first book in April Canavan’s new series Birch County Fire (BCF).  I first read the Birch Police Department (BPD) series and I fell in love with the town of Birch and its people.  I was a little disappointed in this book because the BPD series was full of humor and lovable characters and that was what I was expecting with this one.  I still enjoyed the book, but the characters were a little more solemn than the ones in BPD.  I love how the characters and storyline seem so true-to-life.   This was Josh and Nia’s story, and I was glad to see Josh’s story.  He was a wonderful hero and I loved how compassionate he was.  I started out not liking Nia, but she eventually won me over.  I cannot wait for the next book in the series and hope the author adds a little more humor and jesting between the BCF crew than this one had.

I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving a review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

 Grab Your Copy Here!



Meet April Canavan

I live on chaos and coffee, and you’ll find it running through every single one of my stories.  

First of all, I absolutely abhor writing anything biographical. In any form. I’m terrible at it, and I have the very firm belief that no one wants to know who I am. You’re here for books, right? But that doesn’t mean I’m off the hook.

 

I grew up sneaking over to my great grandmother’s to read her Harlequin novels. Those were delivered once a month in a ginormous box, and from the age of ten, she let me devour them in their entirety. I fell in love with romance, even the clean kind. And that, undoubtedly, led to many days and nights with my face buried in a book and the discovery that I wasn’t happy unless my hair was up, and I had a story in my hand. 

 

I never wanted to write. I wanted to read. ALL the words. Until someone pointed out to me that I’d been writing my entire life. I just needed to put the book in my hand down and pick up a pen. 

 

Once I started, I found out that I couldn’t stop. Now, I’m always writing. Or reading. Or chasing my son through the house to get the elusive hug he thinks I don’t need.

 

Oh, and I’m a Leo… which is completely on-point if you know me at all. I love being the center of attention. On my terms. When I can stay at home in my pajamas. With lots and lots of coffee on hand. And maybe a few snacks.


Connect with April Canavan
To learn more about April Canavan, visit here!


Hosted By:

No comments:

Post a Comment

MINE TO SHIELD by Kennedy L. Mitchell

MINE TO SHIELD by Kennedy L. Mitchell Release Date: April 26   Blurb: Can this broken FBI agent and young professor work together to...