Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Review: On the Run

On the RunOn the Run by Valerie Hansen


Blurb:
Is she running from danger—or into it?

When a desperate criminal pulls a gun on her in the ER, nurse Janie Kirkpatrick is in deep trouble—until undercover cop Brad Benton saves her life. Now Janie’s a witness with a lethal enemy and on the run with a stranger. She has no choice but to trust Brad. But can he take down the criminals before a murderer parts them forever?


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
My review:

On the Run is the third book in the Emergency Responders series.  It was a new-to-me author and I don’t feel like I missed anything by starting in the middle of the series. The book was well written, perfectly paced, and had a developed plot.  It caught my attention from the first page with an intense scene in the ER.  There was lots of action, mystery, twists and turns, and a very unexpected ending.  I loved the characters and instantly connected with them.  They were genuine, compassionate, and heart-rending.

Brad Benton is an undercover cop trying to discover the top leaders of a drug ring.  He risks his cover when he protects the ER nurse, Janie Kirkpatrick.  He hoped to maintain his cover but realizes it’s too late when he gets ambushed while doing a drop-off.  Now he is on the run with Janie and both their lives are at stake.  Janie Kirkpatrick was terrified when she was held at gunpoint in the ER.  She was not sure why Brad helped her and later doubted his warning when he contacts her to warn her to leave town.  Once she discovers her life really is in danger, she knows she must help Brad in his mission.  Can they identify the top leaders before they are murdered?

Wow, this was an intense and action-filled story.  I loved all the twists and was extremely surprised with the ending, which I never would have seen coming.  This was definitely a book I could not put down until I finished it.

I received an ARC and am willingly leaving a review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lethal Danger by Jerusha Agen

  Welcome to the Blog + Review Tour for Lethal Danger by Jerusha Agen, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours ! About the Book Title: Leth...