Friday, September 27, 2024

SOMEONE YOU DESERVE by Harlow James

 ✨EXCERPT: SOMEONE YOU DESERVE by @harlowjamesauthor is coming October 4th! 





This will be a simultaneous release in Audio with the amazing narrators Aiden Snow & Vanessa Edwin!


#PreOrderNow 

https://mybook.to/someoneyoudeserve 


“Why are you acting this way?” she fires back at me.

         “What way?”

         “Like an older brother who doesn’t approve of me going out with a boy.” She mimics my stance. “Newsflash, Penn. I already have a protective older brother. I don’t need another.”

         “Trust me, I have no desire to be your brother, Astrid. But I just don’t understand where your head is at. Dick is the last guy on Earth you should be going out with.”

         She rolls her eyes. “Jesus, you and Grady must have talked.”

         We did, but she doesn’t need to know that. “He’s not good enough for you,” I say instead—because it’s the fucking truth.

         “I’m not going to marry the man, Penn. It’s just dinner.” Then she straightens her spine and steels her gaze. “And you know what? It felt nice to be wanted. It’s been a long time since I’ve felt that way.”

         If she only knew how badly I want her, how much I fucking crave her.

         Does she not think about that night as much as I do?

         Tell her, Penn. Tell her and remind her what that kiss felt like three years ago. Show her how she makes you feel, how she makes your body come alive—how being with her feels like breathing.

         “Astrid, I…” I fucking want you.

         “Mommy?” Lilly comes down the hall, rubbing her eyes.

         Fuck.

It’s just as well. Letting the truth run from my lips would only do more harm than good.


#harlowjames #bookstagram #booktok #romancebooks #spicyromance #kindleunlimited @theauthor.agency

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chance by Lynn Raye Harris

  Title: Chance Series: Ghost Ops  #2 Author: Lynn Raye Harris Genre: Romantic Suspense Tropes: Accidental Pregnancy/Protector Band of  B...