Monday, April 22, 2024

Moments For You by Carrie Ann Ryan

Now Available!

Moments for You 

by Carrie Ann Ryan




 My rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Blurb:

A wedding dress is meant to be worn only once.

When a stranger finds herself in need of a miracle at the last minute, I do the unthinkable: I offer mine to her.

The same one I wore down the aisle for my late husband.

Now I’m invited to the wedding and finding myself wondering why I shut myself away from the world for so long.

I’m only meant to be at the Wilder Retreat for a single day except I go home with not only a job offer, but the promise of something more.

Ridge Wilder is hiding secrets of his own. And the undeniable chemistry between us burns before we even contemplate taking that first step.

Only I’ve already had my happy ever after. I never planned on finding another.

And Ridge is even far more broken than I am—with a past that might come back to haunt us both.

My review:

Amazing! Another Wilder sensational story!

…every moment was precious.  Every moment meant something…You had to hold on to those moments.  Hold on to those pieces.  And then someday you could puzzle them together to figure out who you were and what you craved.

Moments for You is the seventh book in The Wilder Brothers series.  It’s the first of the cousin’s books and starts two years after the Wilder cousins moved to San Antonio and joined forces with their cousins who owned the Wilder Resort.  It’s not necessary to read the series in order but I think it helps to understand the dynamics of the Wilder family.  Besides, the books are so good that once you read one, you will want to read them all!  This is Ridge Wilder and Aurora Lee’s book, and it was a heartbreaking second-chance romance. 

Ridge Wilder was running from his past and needed a place to start over without all the reminders of what he had lost when his pregnant fiancรฉ died.  After the storm that hit and destroyed the resort during the Wilder family reunion, he and his three brothers decided to move to San Antonio and help their cousins rebuild. 

Five years prior, Aurora Lee lost her husband, William, in a car accident.  Her grief weighed heavily upon her, and she knew William would have wanted her to continue with her life.  On the anniversary of their accident, she came across a post of a bride-to-be whose family heirloom wedding dress got stolen.  She felt like helping the bride was the thing to do.  The dress had given her so many wonderful memories and she hoped it would be the same for another couple.  

“You’re going to move in with me and you’re never going to leave.  You’re going to be stitched to my side until the end of days.”

This was such a heartbreaking second-chance romance.  Aurora was such an amazing woman and had such a big heart.  She had struggled after losing her husband so seeing her slowly build her life back was amazing.  Ridge silently grieving the loss of his child and fiancรฉ.  Neither thought they would find love again, so I loved watching their relationship grow.  This was a beautiful second-chance romance of two widows brought together by a wedding dress and I absolutely loved it.

I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving a review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Should Have Run by Evey Lyon

  ๐Ÿ’•๐“๐„๐€๐’๐„๐‘ ๐‘๐„๐•๐„๐€๐‹๐Ÿ’• ๐’๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐‡๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐‘๐ฎ๐ง by Evey Lyon is releasing on all platforms on May 30th and will go into KU on J...