Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Love Notes & Lifelines by Avery Maxwell

Now available!

Love Notes & Lifelines

(Single Dad Hotline Book #1)

by Avery Maxwell



My rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Blurb:

The job was simple. Always answer the phone—no exceptions—then solve the caller’s catastrophe as efficiently as possible.

The rules were simpler. They contact you, not the other way around. Never give them your real name, number, or any personal information not required to help a newly single dad keep his head above water.

And never, 
ever get involved with a caller.

Simple, right?

Becker Hayes was not who I was expecting to call during my shift with the Single Dad Hotline. He’s my boss’s boss. In the boardroom he’s rich, powerful, detached. In my calendar he’s the enigmatic one-time kiss I was never supposed to see again. But on the other end of the phone, he’s vulnerable and reeling from becoming guardian to his young nieces.

I’m not thinking straight when I offer him a little help off the books. Not when my mother’s illness is winning the battle and I’d give anything for a distraction from the loneliness.

So when the Single Dad Hotline blows up my life, what’s a girl to do but say yes to everything he’s offering?

My review:

“I’m marrying you because I’m not me without you.  I need you and want you and will fight to keep you forever.”

“…It’s hard to pick one thing because with Stella, it’s a million pieces that she believes are broken, but truthfully, they fit my broken bits like a beautiful life-sized puzzle.  She makes me whole.”

You can’t control who you fall in love with, but the decision to stay through the good times and the bad is a choice, just as happiness is a choice we make for ourselves.

Parts of me may be broken, but isn’t that what life is?  A bunch of broken people searching for the broken parts of others who make us feel whole.

Love Notes and Lifelines is the first book in the Single Dad Hotline series by Avery Maxwell.  It really set the bar high for this series. I was a huge fan of Ms. Maxwell when I read the Westbrook series, and this book reiterates why I became such a huge fan.  It was beautifully written and entertaining, and the characters were genuine and so easy to love.  The pacing was perfect, and the storyline was memorable.  I love how the main characters’ history is slowly revealed throughout the story.  Stella and Becker were perfect for each other, and I loved watching them slowly grow on each other.  This was such a heartbreaking story, and I cannot wait for the next book in the series.  This is going to be such a great series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Should Have Run by Evey Lyon

  💕𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐀𝐋💕 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐧 by Evey Lyon is releasing on all platforms on May 30th and will go into KU on J...