Sunday, October 1, 2023

TWISTED ASSIST by Katie Rae

 

 Release Date: September 29

TRIPP:
Why did I agree to help an old teammate that I barely even trusted? 
I wish I could tell you, but I was drunk and don’t
remember. 
 
Regardless, I kept my word and stood in for Hunter on a date with his ex. 
 
But unbeknownst to us all, she was a girl I already knew. 
Already wanted. 
 
So I couldn’t help that sparks flew and things went too far. 
I didn’t regret it either. 
 
Tatum was the first girl that ever made me feel like I belonged in Miami. 
Like I could have more than the lonely existence I thought I was destined for. 
 
But Hunter wanted her back, and revenge on me. Even going as far as targeting my soccer career.
 
Turning what was supposed to be a friendly assist, into a twisted war. 
And putting Tatum in the middle, forcing her to declare a winner. 
 
Leaving me to decide how low I was willing go to get what I wanted.

My rating: 3.5 stars rounded up to 4 stars
My review:


Twisted Assist is the third book in the Miami Inferno FC series.  It was also the first book I have read by this author, but I had no problems reading it as a standalone.  It was fast-paced but the story skipped from the present to the past too often for me.  Unfortunately, this book didn’t work too well for me.  I didn’t care for Tatum because she was too indecisive about Hunter.  She was living in her past too much and never saw Hunter’s flaws.  But that didn’t stop her from leading Tripp on.  Although I didn’t care for this book, I would certainly read another book by the author.
I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving a review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Grab Your Copy Here!
Available in KU
Meet Katie Rae

Katie Rae has always been passionate about writing and storytelling. She has always been a dreamer and has been creating stories in her mind since she was little. Katie believes in romance, passion, suspense, laughter, and most of all, happily ever afters. 

Katie currently lives in Florida with her husband and two girls. She is an avid baseball fan, football fan, beach bum, boat life diva, and has a love for baking shows. Katie likes to add elements of her life into her stories so they are told with feeling and vigor.

To learn more about Katie and her books, visit here!


Brought to you by...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Should Have Run by Evey Lyon

  💕𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐀𝐋💕 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐇𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐧 by Evey Lyon is releasing on all platforms on May 30th and will go into KU on J...