Sunday, August 27, 2023

THAT FIRST DATE by Jenn McMahon

 

 Release Date: August 25


My new boss has lost his mind.

Marc Ford is everything that I’m not. He wants a long term relationship that leads to marriage and a house full of kids, but I want nothing to do with being tied down to someone. In fact, I have never been in a relationship in my life.

But then he approaches me with a plea to be his fake fiancรฉ because his boss wants someone in an established relationship to pass down ownership of the real estate agency we work for.

I don’t know how he expects me to spend the summer pretending we’re a happily engaged couple.

We’re opposites in every way that counts.

I told myself this would be easy because I don’t catch feelings and I’m a pro at keeping things casual. We both agreed to the rules. Except, things started to feel all too real, even on 
That First Date
.

** That First Date is a steamy, fake dating romance that will leave you both blushing and laughing at the same time. This book is intended for mature readers only. This is a stand-alone and can be read on its own.


My rating: 5 out of 5 stars

My review:


That First Date is the second book in the Firsts In The City series by Jenn McMahon.  This was a new-to-me author, and I am so glad I had the chance to read one of her books.  This was a fake dating and work romance that was full of humor and spice.  It was well-written and entirely too easy to get stuck in.  I love the fake dating troupe, but this one is more memorable than the ones I have read recently.  


Avery didn’t want any long-term relationships and was not looking for the white picket fence.  Instead, she avoided them and never wanted to be tied down to one person.  She thought agreeing to help her boss by pretending to date him would be easy.  They were opposites and she could certainly resist falling for him!  


Marc loves his job so when he has the chance of getting the real estate agency he loves, he is on board.  But his boss wants a family man to take over when he retires.  Mark wants a long-term relationship leading to marriage and children, but he hasn’t found the one yet.  As a last resort, he asks Avery to be his fake date.  He’s afraid of how it will go because she is his opposite, but it is only for one night.  That is until his boss announces he is going to spend the summer getting to know Marc.  Can they follow their rules and not fall for each other?


This was such a fun read, and I loved all the witty banter between Avery and Marc.  And being they were direct opposites of each other, there was a lot of it!  I loved watching Marc, the grumpy boss, find his cinnamon roll goodness and be the one to fall first.  I am so glad I had a chance to discover this author and I look forward to more books from her.

I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving a review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

 

Grab Your Copy Here!

Meet Jenn McMahon


Jenn McMahon resides along the shore in New Jersey with her husband, Daniel, two children, Zachary and Owen, and two dogs, Cooper and Piper. She has spent the last couple of years engrossed in romance books and finding the best book boyfriends out there, to now writing her own and sharing them with the world.

When Jenn is not writing, she can be found reading, watching reruns of her favorite TV shows (Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy and Friends – just to name a few), or petting her dog. She also loves taking trips to the beach with the kids, Atlantic City date nights with her husband, and thunderstorms in the spring.


To learn more about Jenn & her books, visit here!




Brought to you by:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Should Have Run by Evey Lyon

  ๐Ÿ’•๐“๐„๐€๐’๐„๐‘ ๐‘๐„๐•๐„๐€๐‹๐Ÿ’• ๐’๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐‡๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐‘๐ฎ๐ง by Evey Lyon is releasing on all platforms on May 30th and will go into KU on J...