Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Corrupted Union by Jill Ramsower

 Corrupted Union (The Byrne Brothers #2)

by Jill Ramsower

Expected publication April 4, 2023  

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars 

Blurb:

Keir
The governor’s daughter has gotten herself into a mess.
If I protect her, her father will owe me, bigtime.
But the best way to keep her safe is to marry her.
Claim her as one of our own.

The catch? She’s got a boyfriend she’s not ready to part with.
Good thing an unwilling bride isn’t an issue for a guy like me.

Rowan
How is it that years of toeing the line could unravel so damn quickly?

I’ve done my best to make my parents happy in every way.
But when a six-foot tatted Irish gangster showed up at our house, my entire life began to crumble.

Now, I’ve woken with a ring tattooed on my finger, and I’m starting to worry there’s no going back.

My review:

“…I chose you, and I will continue to choose you so long as you’ll let me.”

Corrupted Union is the second book in The Byrne Brothers series.  It can be read as a standalone but I enjoyed the first book so I would have ended up reading it anyway.  So, I recommend starting at the beginning. We met Keir in the first book, Silent Vows, and his character was very cryptic, so I was excited for the chance to get a better view of his character.  I was hooked after the first chapter and with all the suspense and twists, I could not put the book down.  I loved how Rowan was able to convince the solemn Keir to open up.  His character was such a mystery but not with Rowan! 

This was a new-to-me author until I started this series and I have really enjoyed reading her books.  I absolutely adored Keir and Rowan’s cute meet!  The book ends with a surprise that leads us into the next book.  I will definitely be on the lookout for more of her books and the next one in the series.

 I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving a review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When I Had You by S.L. Scott

  WHEN I HAD YOU By S.L. Scott Now Live Kindle Unlimited, Amazon, Audible Amazon: https://geni.us/WIHYAm   Audible: ht...