Saturday, November 19, 2022

FIGHTING FOR KING by Gillian Archer

 

Release Date: November 17


The Nanny Factor! Is there something more going on between Actor Kingston Grier and his new nanny? Stay tuned…

Kingston: Who knew it would be such a challenge finding a nanny who could focus on my daughter without getting sidetracked by trying to get into my bed? I can’t even make eye contact without them thinking I’m flirting. I’m not.

Until Briar arrives, and finally we have a nanny who’s there for Zoe. But why does this Mary Poppins have to be so damn hot?

Briar: My divorce left me with more than my share of trust issues. Not that I’m looking at my new boss that way. Kingston might be a Hollywood hunk, but the guy has the personality of a potato. His daughter couldn’t be more different. One look into her doe eyes, and I am in love.

Somehow Kingston and I go from barely speaking to talking all night long. And our attraction becomes impossible to deny. Just when everything’s finally going right, intimate pictures of us are leaked and the fallout is insane. When I signed up for this job, I knew I’d do anything to protect Zoe—I just never expected how much I’d want to fight for King.


My rating: 5 out of 5 stars

My review:

Fighting for King is the second book in the Star Studded series written by Gillian Archer, a new-to-me author.  It was well-written, fast-paced, and caught my attention right away.  This nanny-employee romance had some intrigue and humor that kept me reading. 

Kingston needed to find a nanny who wasn’t interested in him and his fame.  He was in the middle of a film, and he had already gone through a dozen nannies that didn’t work out.  He wanted one who could connect with Zoe, his daughter, and not get starry-eyed for him.  King thought Briar would be like the rest, but she actually had no interest in him which was intriguing.  

Briar just ended her marriage after being betrayed by her husband and best friend.  She needed a new start in life and the nanny job would allow her to save money.  She wasn’t sure why King barely spoke to her, but she fell for Zoe right away.  After having a conversation one night with King, it became a nightly routine and made it hard for her to ignore her interest in King.  

Briar had trust issues after her divorce so watching her friendship and trust in King slowly grow was great.  She was such a sweet character and really great for Kingston and Zoe.  Kingston started off with a grumpy attitude but was trying to make sure Briar didn’t get any ideas about him.  I loved when he realized she had no interest in him which threw him off.  This was an emotional and heartwarming story, and I fully enjoyed it.  I really hope the next book is for Nix because he needs a happy ever after.  

I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving a review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.  


Grab Your Copy Here!
Meet Gillian Archer

GILLIAN ARCHER has a bachelor’s degree in mining engineering but prefers to spend her time on happily ever after. She writes the kind of stories she loves to read—the hotter the better! When she’s not pounding away on the keyboard, she can be found chasing her grade-schooler, or surfing the couch while indulging in her latest reality TV fixation, or reading awesome romance ebooks by her favorite authors. Gillian lives in the wilds of northern Nevada with her amazing husband, gorgeous little girl, and goofy dog.

Gillian occasionally posts on social media. You can find her at all the usual places. FacebookInsta, and Twitter. But the best way to stay up to date on her books is to sign up for her newsletter!

 

Gillian also loves to hear from her readers. You can message her through her website here.


To learn more about Gillian and her books, visit here!  

Hosted By:

No comments:

Post a Comment