Saturday, January 23, 2021


The Fiance: A Sexy

Billionaire Romance (Close Quarters Book 4) by Stefanie London 

 




January 1st, 2021 

Blurb:  

I may be a barely employed, soon-to-be-homeless teacher/waitress, but that doesn’t mean I’ll marry any creep my mum brings around. Some guys like short and curvy! And I haven’t given up on the dream—the love of a man who makes me hotter than a Melbourne summer night.

Getting caught in a supply closet with CEO Daniel Moretti is the cherry on top of my day from hell…until the heat in his dark eyes makes me want to rip off my spaghetti-sauce-stained catering uniform. Daniel can’t risk more salacious rumors, so he proposes a deal—I agree to be his fake fiancée and he’ll help me get back on my feet.

Moving in to Daniel’s luxurious loft puts us in close quarters. And it’s not long before we’re saying yes all night long! But Daniel wants nothing to do with passionate love, and I won’t settle for anything less. Could a fake engagement lead to true love…or am I only fooling myself?


My Review:

The Fiance is the fourth book in the Close Quarters Series but I read it as a stand-alone and felt like I did not miss anything.  It was a short book so was easy to read in one sitting.  The storyline of a fake engagement was developed, and the characters were charming and interesting. 

Ava Matthews was a teacher who was struggling to find a permanent teaching position.  She was barely getting by with substitute teaching and working as a waitress for a catering company.   Ending up in a supply closet with Daniel Moretti was just the frosting on the cake to her day.  When he suggests that she become his fake fiancé, she figures it would keep her mom from harassing her to marry her friend’s son and help her get back on her feet.

Daniel Moretti was CEO of the family’s business and rumors of him stealing his brother’s wife were going to hurt their company.  Being found in the supply closet with a woman from the catering staff would hurt even more.  So, he hopes telling the media they are engaged will help the rumors and improve his image.  He is not looking for a relationship and doesn’t believe in love after watching his parent’s marriage while growing up.  But can he remain unaffected by Ava and her charm?

The book was fast-paced, beautifully written, and funny.  Ava was so genuine and cheerful it was hard not to cheer for her to get her happy ever after.  Daniel had closed himself off to relationships because he didn’t want to risk getting hurt as his mother did, but Ava slowly chipped away at his barriers.  I enjoyed reading this book and I look forward to future books from the author.

I received an ARC and am voluntarily leaving a review.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lethal Danger by Jerusha Agen

  Welcome to the Blog + Review Tour for Lethal Danger by Jerusha Agen, hosted by JustRead Publicity Tours ! About the Book Title: Leth...